As an Oklahoma Realtor® who loves learning and sharing tips and ideas about OKC real estate, I found a really nice article about some reasons why you as a home seller might be experiencing difficulty in getting your home sold.
5 Real Estate Tips Why Your Home Hasn’t Sold Yet
It’s always good to learn about marketing and home selling strategies and tips to get your home sold. After all, why would you put your house on the market unless your intent was to get it sold. I always know that my home seller clients want to have good information on how to sell their home quickly and for a good price when the time comes for them to list their property for sale here in Oklahoma.
If you choose to use a Realtor® to maximize the opportunity of getting your home sold quickly and efficiently, then you want to make sure to take advantage of all the tips, resources and tools that the agent has to offer you.
Take a look at these 5 real estate tips that itemize the reasons why your home might not be selling as quickly as you would like. Take note of any action you as a home seller can take on this and then make some changes to make your home really stand out and become the highly attractive target of prospective home buyers in your local community!
Five Real Estate Tips Why Your Home Hasn’t Sold Yet:
1. It’s overpriced.
- There is no single strategy for how to handle this.Nothing leaves a home languishing on the market longer than an asking price that’s too high for the current market. .If your place has been on the market for 30 days and not received an offer, you will need to reevaluate your pricing and determine if it’s the asking price that’s dissuading buyers. However, you or your broker should be periodically checking on your competition. If they adjust their pricing, you should be prepared to as well. This question should be asked again every few weeks if your property continues to remain on the market.
- Price point is crucial, and if you don’t price it properly, you’re pretty much shooting yourself in the foot.
- In a buyer’s market, price your home a minimum of 2% less than the last comparable sale. If you can’t live with that price, then don’t put your home on the market and set yourself up for disappointment. Overpricing is the worst mistake a home seller can make.
Read the rest of this article HERE…..
I hope you enjoyed this article of real estate tips that can benefit you as a home seller in the OKC real estate market. If you need hands on help and advice to get your home sold quickly and for a good price, contact me and I can set up a private consultation on the best actions, pricing and marketing moves to make to get your listing more active on the OKC home selling market! Remember that you can also get free information and real estate tips on these topics below:
- Free Home Value Report
- Schedule a Personal Home Tour of any home in the OKC MLS
- Power Search all Homes in Oklahoma